An IT assessment will detail the current state of technology and prepare your organization for future needs and growth
Fossie Consulting will help you achieve your business objectives through a comprehensive analysis of your organization from a technology perspective. Once we understand your current and future business needs and goals, we can develop a strategic technology plan to achieve them that aligns with your budget.
A well-designed technology plan can help your organization achieve its mission. Our effective, systematic approach to helping you envision your technology goals, determine your current technology reality, create your technology plan, and prioritize and implement change will help reduce your organization’s technology costs while improving efficiency.
Envision your Organization’s Technology Goals
Because your technology plan will become a detailed, written document that connects your organization’s current use and future needs of technology to achieve your organization’s mission, it is critical to begin this planning activity with your Mission Statement and Services. This Statement will be included in your Technology Plan and will act as your compass when moving forward with Technology.
Assess your Current Technology
We will develop a complete understanding of the technology needs required to meet your organization’s technology goals through completion of your technology inventory, including all hardware and software currently in use throughout your organization.
Assess Internal Practices and Staff use of Technology
We will help you assess your organization’s current internal policies and procedures in the areas of technology use, training, security and disaster recovery. It will also identify which of your staff members may need training, and discover who can act as resources within your organization.
Create your Technology Plan
We will utilize the information gathered during the envisioning and assessment process to design a technology plan that will take your organization from its current operating reality to your technology goals. Your technology plan will address the following areas:
- identify and prioritize your immediate IT needs
- review mission-critical hardware (servers and network devices)
- review data integrity and availability (backup, anti-virus/spam/spyware, critical updates, power conditioning)
- recommend efficiency improvements and cost-reducing strategies
- prepare equipment replacement plan
- implement a scheduled maintenance program to maintain updates and provide 24-7 monitoring of your systems
- develop a disaster recovery plan
- prioritize technology improvements according to need and budget impact
- implement change to achieve your technology goals
- evaluate and revise the plan through each phase of implementation