With over 30 year’s combined experience helping small and medium sized businesses manage their IT infrastructure; Fossie Consulting has expertise in a variety of IT services and end-point support solutions including helpdesk, security, backup, and cloud solutions.
We have a requirement for a field technician to provide service to our clients, with a focus to on-site service (~60%) for our non-profit and business clients.
Please review instructions at bottom of this page for contacting us about this position.
Configure, maintain and support:
- Client and internal systems based on Linux and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Client and Server)
- Client and internal network infrastructure based on various Untangle, Fortinet, WatchGuard and Ubiquiti networks which include configuring IP Addresses, DHCP and DNS
- Client and internal virtual environments based on VMWare
- Client and Internal support for Office and Line of Business applications
- Client and internal backup and disaster recovery solutions based on Datto, MSP360 and Synology
- Create and maintain system documentation for all client and internal systems
- Communicate and provide progress updates with clients and team members in a highly professional manor
- Onsite presence at client sites as needed
- Maintain service tickets and time entries in real-time
- Networking related escalations
WHO YOU ARE:
We are looking for a professional, dynamic individual who is highly motivated to help an established organization deliver exceptional client experience and drive growth. You are also motivated by a cause greater than yourself and will gain great satisfaction as our success allows us to give back to the community in a meaningful way.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in (technical) IT administration
- Knowledge and experience collaborating with a technical support team for a variety of clients in different industries
- Detail oriented and able to meet committed deadlines and possess comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Establish and maintain standards for classroom and desktop setup.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating the ability to meet deadlines and service level agreements
- Understand network principles and desktop environments
- Mature, self-motivated, and professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong commitment to quality client service
- Ability to work independently as well as willing to follow directions and best practices
- Transportation available for occasional (60%) on-site support. Maintain and communicate monthly calendars for onsite visits and prioritize onsite work in consultation with Fossie staff.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate and knowledge-share directly with field technicians and systems administrators
- Have a focus on developing policies and procedures for the service department
- Manage the high-level yearly calendar for school clients – budget time, summer projects, back-to-school rush. When available, co-ordinate work with co-op / summer students.
- Perform work under minimal supervision
- Provide strategic input for execution on departmental budgeting, planning, and procedural change
- Possess excellent customer service skills; ability to communicate effectively, persuasively and negotiate with the onsite tech liaison / office admin / principal about priorities, onsite dates, contract hours, technical issues etc.
- You are appropriately assertive and, as part of the service team will take the initiative to bring new ideas to the table to constantly evolve the company’s internal strategy, as you determine and pursue the courses of action necessary to obtain the desired results
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A challenging opportunity to assist with scaling up a friendly company
- Competitive remuneration package
- A positive workplace culture for all to collaborate and grow within the organization
- Flexibility to currently work both remotely and in-office
- Our office is in Guelph, Ontario
- Respond with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (only)
- Sorry, no agencies or recruiters, please.