Managed Online Backup
What is Managed Online Backup?
Conventional data backup processes can be difficult to use, costly, resource draining and inefficient. Managed Online Backup is different – it is a low cost, fast and more efficient way for a business to backup its data off-site, without the need for bulky tapes or rotating external drives. Data back-up can occur several times per day or on any other scheduled basis, and the process works in the background to minimize impact on your IT infrastructure.
An important component of our Managed Online Backup solution is the constant monitoring of the backup process. We are notified upon any issue and can assist you in ensuring successful backups and recovering backed up data.
Why use Managed Online Backup?
- Online backups are the easiest and surest way to protect your data.
- Backing up to an offsite server ensures that you can recover your data even in case of a physical disaster, theft or loss.
- Online backups eliminate many of the error prone steps associated with traditional backup methods like tape.
- With our online backup solution, your data is encrypted and compressed even before it leaves your computers.
- After the first full backup, only incremental block level changes are sent – optimizing bandwidth & storage usage.
- Backup workstations & servers
- Backup all kinds of data: Documents, emails, Exchange, SQL, etc.
- Intelligent backup of changed data only – after the first backup
- Multiple scheduling options including multiple full backup scheduling
Fossie Consulting can implement a staged backup solution for you wherein you back up to a local server and have that replicate to our remote server as insurance against disaster!
Short of a physical disaster or theft, this ensures an extremely rapid:
- recovery of data when the need arises, or
- retrieval of older versions of files